Thursday, January 25, 2024

Gregor Mendelssohn was wrong

Gregor Mendelssohn may have not been able to understand all of the complexities of inheritance, when planting a garden, but he did it. I am thinking of the Hofa drug, that may not have been perfected but, it was only possible by standing on the shoulders of those who went before. 

I do not understand our fixation on weight loss, but it has to do with the process not the destination entirely. I figured that much out, from crocheting even when I do not enjoy it, per se.

Next is a truth about persistence. It terms of school, we all had to choose a trade, but my dad taught me that it is in seeing an area through that we understand a greater complexity that allows us to master other subjects whereas if we just abandoned ship when the complexity is undesirable, we will never increase our appreciation and thereby our quality of life is not going to grow. The same can be applied to marital relationships. I still love the lyric that basically says, "We reach into our selves and we take the things we like, and then like the things we took, until our dying day."

No comments:

Post a Comment